We see the brightness of a new page where everything yet can happen.
-Rainer Maria Rilke

Monday, January 2, 2012

Mistletoe Madness Blog Hop Winner!




 Allison had us put in some effort to win her goodies, as pictured above. I was so tired by the time I hit her blog, I almost didn't participate. The little hedgehog drew me in though, leaving me no choice whatsoever. We were asked to post a haiku in the comments section about what we would do with a hedgehog. Reading back over her post, I realize she had meant a real one, but I wrote about the toy pictured above. Not just one haiku did I write, but I entered 4 times. For your comedic pleasure, I'll post them below. Remember, It was around 1:30am and I was exhausted. (I had been blog hopping like crazy that week and barely slept a few hours a night.) I read my hedgehog haiku's to my girls and they looked at me like I was nuts. I'm thinking they were/are right. After all, they do know me best!

Drum Roll
~
Wild hedgehog scurries
backdoor promises of milk
every night a feast.
 ~
A muse is needed
For my creative uses
Hedgehog would be nice.
~
Recent divorcee'
Needs hedgehog to come and stay
to love and cuddle.
 ~
Do you hear him cry
He cries out for me alone
hedgehog wants my home.
~

Now, now, now. You didn't have to laugh that much, did you? Though, I have to say that my daughter, 18yo, is sitting here as I write this and we're both giggling. So, since you're not alone, I'll let you off the hook. :p

Before I forget, THANK YOU, to Allison Pang for participating and making this a fun stop in the hop. Also, thank you to PJ Schnyder for hosting this wonderful and very fun blog hop. To all of you Bloggers and Authors that also participated in the Mistletoe Madness Blog Hop, a big thank you to as well. Happy Tuesday everyone.
~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment