We see the brightness of a new page where everything yet can happen.
-Rainer Maria Rilke

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Ideas, Ideas, Ideas

I have been keeping up with my ROW80 writing goals of an hour a day, if not more. Obviously though, my blogging is suffering in the goal department. I will try to keep up, but blah, blah, blah. You know how life is, so I won't bother you with the mundane.

I have been dealing with issues of idea overload. Many hit me about the same time, and when I write, more come. I don't mind the ideas at all, I'm grateful for them, and I love them all. That seems to be the problem. When they come, I write them down, or record them in my phone as soon as possible. When I take note of them, I tend to start writing as the excitement takes over. The problem with all of these wonderful ideas is that they pull me away from my current wip, which causes me to loose focus and the rhythm that takes hold. I have to wonder how much this affects my current wip. I'm sure this happens to you, at least sometimes. What do you do to keep things in check.  Keep your current project moving, while noting your new ideas, because they are just as precious to you.

Well, I must check on my wips before I go to bed. So goodnight, and good luck with your writing. I hope the muse visits and watches over you as you write.


~S~

No comments:

Post a Comment